Thursday, March 28, 2013

"About Me" Post


There are so many things I want to cover in the blog, I don’t even know where to begin!


     Ever since I was a baby, I’ve had this ‘thing’ with Disney. Sure, my family LIKED Disney. Probably just as much as any family in the early 90’s did, during the golden age of Disney animation. They bought me Disney toys, princess movies, sang Disney songs to me….but unlike other kids at the time, oh my god, I was ALL ABOUT it.  So we probably weren’t that ‘one Disney family every community has’ until I came along. According to my mom, one of my favorite words when I was a baby was ‘dee-dee’, which meant ‘Mickey’.  She said I could spot the familiar tri-circle symbol from a mile away. Keep in mind, this wasn’t any kind of creepy Disney-related cult brain washing. As I said before, my family liked Disney just about as much as anyone else at the time, it was like I was somehow born with a love for it!

    When I was four years old, my parents scraped together enough cash to fly us down to central Florida for my first Disney World vacation, and we have been hooked ever since. I don’t remember much from that trip, but from then on out, we were hooked. We had planned our next vacation before we were even off property.
  
     Ever since then, we have visited the parks at least once (but often more than once) a year. People ask me all the time if I ever get sick of it, and my answer is no. Every time I visit the park, I see something new that I’ve never experienced before.  Some people may find my love for Disney strange, but growing up, it’s always been a huge part of me, and always will be!

      I’m now a junior at Indiana University, studying Tourism Management. I will be embarking on a new Disney adventure in May, as apart of the Disney College Program! I will be doing food and beverage! I will be blogging about my DCP adventures, but also about Disney World itself. This blog will be news, articles, reviews, advice, history, memories, ‘Top Ten’ lists, opinions, and a little bit of ‘life’ as well. All from the perspective of someone who practically grew-up with a Disney State of Mind.


"Oh my god, she said the title in the post!" 


I hope you enjoy this blog, and see you real soon!


Katie

P.S: I’m new to Blogger, so bear with me! I’ll get the hang of it soon!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally the "disney kid" in my family too! Looking forward to reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Haha thanks! I feel like the first post is always the most awkward! More to come! :)

      Delete